Salford City Council ("We") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act ), the data controller is Salford City Council of Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton, Salford M27 5AW.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Teresa Webb, our Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information which we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information which you give to us.
- This is information about you that you give to us by filling in forms on our site www.gmhealthhub (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise (including via social media). It includes information which you provide when you register an account to use our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, make use of any interactive services which we may provide on our site and when you report a problem with it. The information which you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including (without limitation) the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages and profiles you viewed or searched for page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information which we receive about you from other sources.
This is information which we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services which we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information which you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about services which we provide to our residents;
- to permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer of any such third party, they will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us or any third party to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on our signup form;
- to notify you about changes to our site;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive services as part of our site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of information which you provide to us
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with specific third parties, including:
- suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting our Data Protection Officer, who can be contacted at teresa.webb@Salford.gov.uk.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.